Champville student Marvin Hobeika dies after infection
Marvin Adib Hobeika, a 5-year-old boy, died on Sunday after suffering Streptococcus infection, as reported on Monday.
Marvin was hit by severe fever last Friday while at school, and Champville school administration had asked his parents to come take him back home. However, Marvin’s parents thought it was a normal virus like any other and decided to wait 24 hours before taking their son to see a doctor.
When his condition worsened, he was rushed to a hospital but unfortunately died before arriving.
A team from the Ministry of Health immediately went to the hospital, where samples were taken to examine the cause of death. Preliminary tests have shown that the cause of death is Streptococcus, or Streptococcus bacteria.
The school declared mourning and stopped teaching today in order to sterilize classes by representatives from the Ministry of Health in a bid to prevent the spread of infection throughout the school.
In the same context, Champville General Director, Edward Jabr, denied all rumors and news claiming that Marvin had died after suffering H1N1 virus or Meningitis, stressing that the child died of Streptococcus or Streptococcus, pending official reports.