Jreissati: Waste cannot be a platform for leadership because it harms people's health; as for those new "environmental heroes", why didn't they take action in the past?
- Geagea pushes for quick rescue operation led by Aoun, Hariri
- Accused New Zealand gunman's letter from jail circulates online
- Environment Minister Fady Jreissati: We did not find a solution to the waste crisis in North Lebanon, but we are at the beginning stage of solving this issue
- Jreissati: We're constantly facing obstacles whenever we find a solution to an environmental crisis; we must favor the interest of the majority of people and find the least harmful site for our projects because we will not bargain with the people's interest
- Jreissati: Reconciliations and auctions will not help us find a solution and we will not accept the establishment of a random landfill in Terbol
- Jreissati: We will offer to buy a piece of land in Zgharta during the next Cabinet session; it will cover waste from all northern regions and trucks will not be stopped to check if they are loaded with waste from Christian or Muslim towns
- Jreissati: Landfills are expensive and it is not possible to create one in each area
- Jreissati: I understand the people's concerns, but we cannot bear the burden of 50 years of corruption and who said we don't want to bear the responsibility of the waste file?