Army chief meets Dergham, French delegation
- Minister Pierre Bou Assi after Cabinet session: President Aoun stressed that the parliamentary elections indicate the return of democracy to Lebanon
- Sheikh Qabbani issues Jihad Fatwa to liberate Palestine
- Bou Assi: The Cabinet has not approved the abolition of the official exams for the intermediate certificate (Brevet)
- Reuters: Iran's Rouhani tells Turkey's Erdogan in phone call that Trump's regional policies are "miscalculated", should be condemned by Muslim countries
- Rahi condemns violence against Palestinians: International community ought to pressure Israel into implementing international resolutions
- US Senate panel advances Trump nominee to lead CIA
- Police enter home of ousted Malaysian PM Najib
- Indian minister holds talks in North Korea, first trip in 20 years
Lebanese Army chief, General Joseph Aoun, met at his Yarze office on Wednesday, with newly-elected lawmaker Assaad Dergham, with whom he discussed the current general situation on the local scene.
General Aoun later met with Assistant Director of the French Army's Human Resources Directorate Brigadier-General Pierre Liot de Nortbecourt, accompanied by French Defense Attaché Colonel Christian Herrou.
Talk reportedly touched on the bilateral cooperation between the Lebanese and French armies.