Kanaan: Awaiting draft budget, ready to hold daily meetings
- Adult-film star offers to pay back alleged Trump affair hush money: letter
- Aoun via Twitter hails budget endorsement
- Judge Hamouch orders the closure of the Beirut nightclub, whose dancers performed explicit, erotic moves over the weekend
- MTV correspondent: Government Commissioner at the Military Court, Peter Germanos, grants Ziad Hobeich, husband of Suzan Hajj, and their children a permit to visit her three times a week
- MTV correspondent: Judge Abu Gheida orders release of director Ziad Itani
- Reuters citing sources: Trump ousts Secretary of State Tillerson, will replace him with CIA Director Pompeo
- Judge Abu Gheida issues arrest warrant against Major Suzan Hajj
- Reuters quoting senior White House official: Trump wanted new team in place ahead of talks with North Korea and various ongoing trade negotiations
Head of the Finance and Budget Committee, MP Ibrahim Kanaan, said in a statement that "We are waiting for the draft budget," and "ready to hold daily meetings, despite all the difficult political and economic conditions."
"The financial reform is a cumulative and continuous work, and we have started it a long time ago, according to the law. There is no doubt that the 2018 budget included a number of reform provisions recommended by the 2017 budget," he said.
Pointing out that "the completion of the budget in less than 6 months, after 12 years of the absence of budgets, is a major achievement for the Parliament and all its MPs," Kanaan said. "The issue of educational grants for private sector workers has been put aside because we have not yet been informed of the budget that has been set."